Population Density / SqKm
Total Housing Units
Housing Units having Electricity
Housing Units Having Piped Water
Housing Unit using Gas for cooking
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics
Tank District is reasonably undeveloped region but has potential for development due to identification of Gas reserves at various sites presents growth potential. Investment opportunities area available in Geological survey, Geophysical studies, Engineering studies and Exploration and Production of Oil and Gas with local and foreign companies.
1. Oil & Gas
Khushal Exploration Block having an area of 417 Sq. km is located in Tank (39.56%), Lakki Marwat (30.45%) and D.I Khan (29.97%) districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province of Pakistan. The Block falls in Prospective Zone-I. Based on surrounding discoveries in Kohat-Bannu basin i.e. Chanda, Mela, Nashpa, Makori, Maramzai and Mamikhel, Khushal Block is considered to be prospective. The Block is located about 250 Kilometers South west of Peshawar and 350 km southwest of Islamabad. It is easily approachable by a network of highways and concrete roads from District Peshawar, Kohat, Karak, Bannu and Lakki Marwat.
Furthermore, there are two more active gas seepages reported in District Tank namely in Manglin and Bain Pass.
- Availability of Natural Gas reserves.
- Investment opportunity for exploration and production companies.
- Public private partnership opportunity.
For development of this sector KP government can take the following route:
- The Government of the KP along with private partners may conduct an intensive survey of the area and jot down the exact estimates of hydrocarbons in the region.
- Financial assistance could be sought from World Bank.
- Investor brief should be prepared after the survey and hydrocarbon hotspots should be identified properly for the investors.
- Proper security arrangements be provided to foreign investors willing to drill in the area along with options for insurance.
- A special investment insurance program for Energy Sector can be launched for Investors, to woo foreign investors into bringing in their capital.
As per reports available, land use statistics of Tank for the year 2015-16 shows the following data;
- Cultivated area – 28548 hectares
- Cropped area – 23257 hectares
- Uncultivated area – 137051 hectares
- Forest area – 45411 hectares
- Not available for cultivation – 7154 hectares
- Total irrigated area – 7630 hectares
Rape & Mustard
Tank district is full of opportunities for the investors in Oil and Gas exploration activities and if timely implementation of the program is ensured while addressing the threats, these opportunities can result in substantial economic growth of the district.